American Christian Leaders for Israel (ACLI), representing hundreds of ministries across America, recently sent a letter to President Biden asking him to support Israel and combat anti-Semitism.
The letter outlined a number of guiding principles that ACLI sees as significant for the Biden administration to consider regarding the security of the USA, Israel, and the Jewish people.
The guiding principles include:
- not re-entering the Iran nuclear deal;
- requiring bilateral negotiations to resolve the Palestinian-Israeli conflict;
- honoring the Abraham Accords;
- adopting the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) definition of anti-Semitism across all Executive Branch agencies; and
- committing to work to combat anti-Semitism at all governmental levels both in the USA and aboard, in particular to oppose the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement (BDS).
Dr Susan Michael, Director, ICEJ USA & ACLI commented, “ACLI is deeply concerned with the rising incidents of anti-Semitism in the USA and around the world. We want to ensure this administration works to combat this evil and also keep the United States’ relationship with Israel strong.”
Last month ACLI sent a letter to the full Senate encouraging Senators to ask Biden nominees if they are familiar with, and will adhere to, the working definition of anti-Semitism developed by IHRA in the performance of their duties. That letter can be read here.
The ACLI mission to support Israel
American Christian Leaders for Israel (ACLI) was founded in 2015 to be a unified voice of truth, challenging the American public to support Israel and the Jewish people. Through a series of initiatives, ACLI leaders have shown a consistent, principled effort to ensure that when making key decisions on Israel, the leaders of this nation are informed of the position held by the many American Christians represented. ACLI is a project of the US Branch of the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem.
Their mission statement reads: “On behalf of the tens of millions of American Christians that we collectively represent, we the members of ACLI seek to provide a unified voice of truth to the American public in support of Israel and the Jewish people.”