President Donald Trump and Israel were closely aligned throughout his four years in office. According to a long list of Trump Adiministration Accomplishments, released in January 2021, the friendship between the USA and Israel will remain a key part of the President’s legacy.
The list of accomplishments included” “Renewal of our cherished friendship and alliance with Israel and historic action taken to promote peace in the Middle East.”
Trump and Israel – actions taken
- President Trump recognized Jerusalem as the true capital of Israel and quickly moved the American Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
- He acknowledged Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights and declared that Israeli settlements in the West Bank are not inconsistent with international law.
- The Trump Administration removed the United States from the United Nations Human Rights Council due to the group’s blatant anti-Israel bias.
- The President brokered historic peace agreements between Israel and Arab-Muslim countries, including the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Bahrain, and Sudan. These are known as the Abraham Accords.
- In addition, the United States negotiated a normalization agreement between Israel and Morocco, and recognized Moroccan Sovereignty over the entire Western Sahara, a position with long standing bipartisan support.
- Brokered a deal for Kosovo to normalize ties and establish diplomatic relations with Israel.
- Announced that Serbia would move its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
- First American president to address an assembly of leaders from more than 50 Muslim nations, and reach an agreement to fight terrorism in all its forms.
- Established the Etidal Center to combat terrorism in the Middle East in conjunction with the Saudi Arabian Government.
- Announced the Vision for Peace Political Plan – a two-state solution that resolves the risks of Palestinian statehood to Israel’s security, and the first time Israel has agreed to a map and a Palestinian state.
- Released an economic plan to empower the Palestinian people and enhance Palestinian governance through historic private investment.
Pray that the USA will continue to see Israel as a vital partner, the only democracy in the Middle East and a key ally. Let us remember that the nation that blesses Israel will be blessed and let us continue to pray fervently for the peace of Jerusalem.
Follow our We Stand With Israel Page on Facebook.